1200GTO dec problem

Mike Shade

Have a 1200GTO.  The little washer (thrust washer) on the DEC worm, opposite of the gearbox loosens up with annoying frequency (the flat washer with two holes in it).  I can tighten it up at least 1/2 turn-or more-until it is snug again.  Of course when it looses up, it has all sorts of problems with backlash and in some cases pointing.

Anything I can do to cure this problem?  I snug it up, all is good and then it loosens up again.

Thanks

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com