From: ap-gto@... on behalf of Mike Dodd mike@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2018 11:58 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] AP1200 re-cal question

On 6/17/2018 10:52 AM, Stuart Heggie stuart.j.heggie@... [ap-gto]
wrote:

> Mike, I think if you issued the slew from TheSky6 then in TheSky6 you
> would need to go to the tab where you sync on the object (after
> centering it). The ASCOM driver knows to convert sync commands from
> TheSky6 to RCAL in the mount (provided you check that box in the
> driver). In TheSkyX it is on the Telescope tab but I can't remember
> where it is in TheSky6.

Thanks, Stuart.

I'll look in TheSky6, and see if I can find it.

I have TheXkyX, and will install it on the observatory PC soon. Reading
the docs, it appears X has a native driver for AP mounts. Do I still
need the ASCOM driver if no other software (e.g., ACP) needs to talk to
the mount?

I assume I do if I want to use ACP again. So far, I'm not sure about that.

--
Mike

Mike Dodd
http://astronomy.mdodd.com