OT Arc welding and electronics

Mike Shade

Having some work done on the observatory before monsoon hits.  The contractor needs to do some welding on the rails for the roll-off portion.  He will be using an arc welder but will be some 18 feet or so from any electronics.  He offered that this might be an issue for electronics.  I was planning on disconnecting and isolating cameras, control components for the scopes and computers like I do when monsoon hits with its terrible lightning storms.

Any thoughts on this or the potential dangers?  It is not feasible to bring equipment into the house, unplug isolate is all I can do.

Mike J. Shade: mshade@q.com

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution