Re: Small Jump or Hop in image during tracking on Mach 1 GTO

Roland Christen

Mirror flop, cable drag, camera adapter possibly loose. If it's occurring in RA intermittently it is usually cable drag.

From: donzantib@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Tue, Apr 24, 2018 9:05 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Small Jump or Hop in image during tracking on Mach 1 GTO

I've been noticing lately a slight hop or jump in an image when tracking and it happens usually after the 6th to 7th, 30 sec exposure (note: these are unguided, short exposures).  This varies depending on the region of the sky being viewed as some I can go up to 10x30s with no issue.  It never did this in the previous months of my new Mach 1GTO on my C11" SCT.  Balance is good and no noticeable cable hang ups.  Could this possibly be due to my PA no longer being accurate?  If not, other possible reasons?  I would think PE or backlash would not be an issue on a new mount.  I do not use the scope mirror locks so possibly mirror flop can be a contributing factor as well- just guessing.