Re: GTO3600 runaway behavior

Joe Zeglinski

Stuart,

    FYI – the CP4 has “dual pins” in its connector, rather than the old CP3 “split pin” for power – so unlikely power flicker.

    My less than year old CP4 unexpectedly went permanently “rogue” last summer. To confirm it wasn’t software or PC comms, I did several slews offline, using just the control pad and discovered it took off suddenly and accelerated to maximum slew speed, even right in the middle of a slow manual button slew – not even a GOTO. Luckily I yanked the power cord, during each such test, so no damages occurred.

    Returned it for professional investigation and repair.
    Sometimes weird stuff just happens with new technology.
Joe