Re: Recommendations? Outdoor range extender?

Stuart Heggie <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Ron, thanks for this! My Netgear 1200 (I think) is fading fast. QUITE annoying.

Stuart

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 6:10 PM, Ron Kramer ronkramer1957@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

my dome is 300ft out front of the house. I had some off and on issues with a netgear extender.  I recently saw they had a MESH extender that will work with any router. I install it in the dome and so far not a hiccup.  I had been considering a 2 unit mesh setup which ran around 300+.   This one appeared as a promo in my email and said it worked with any router so it's only one unit. (one box). Cost - I think was around 180.   nighthawk? mesh?  I don't recall.  Let me check my amazon order listing.

brb...

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 7:35 PM, Stuart Heggie stuart.j.heggie@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Greg, my pals are dialing in remotely. I want it to be totally hands off for me where possible. Some nights the only clue I have that they're active is when I'm standing on my deck and the dome suddenly starts to open. So one way or another they need to access their computer here, their powerbar and the dome control. And as I said, the power bar and the dome control has to have a physical connection. They're assigned their own IP addresses so I don't think I can connect them to a computer where they ride piggyback.

Stuart

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 6:14 PM, 'Greg Salyer' astronutcase@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Stuart, not sure what your exactly doing but it sounds complicated. Would multiple headless computers help? I actually use 3 for various remote tasks.

Greg