Re: [!! SPAM] Re: Telegizmos Telescope Covers

swiencek

After seeing the newer Telegizmos covers I plan to switch to the Orion. I have a friend that has one and I am impressed.

From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:01 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [!! SPAM] [ap-gto] Re: Telegizmos Telescope Covers

I'm going to break rank and put in a recommendation for the Orion Scope Cloak cover. A friend recommended their product a few years back, and I've been quite happy.

I have one of the Telegizmos "standard cover" cloaks for mounted refractors (forget which size exactly). It was OK, but I found it to be too short, a bit flimsy and the material seems to have thinned over time. I only used it on a part-time basis, perhaps 20-30 days per year. One beef is the fact that it doesn't extend very far down the tripod, and didn't cover my marine batteries, cables, power strip, etc.

In contrast I find the Orion cloak to be very thick and durable, and it extends all the way to the ground, important if there ends up being a light rain, as the cloak fully covers all the electric gear sitting under the tripod. It also does better in high winds because of the longer length.

When I hold the Telegizmos up to the sun it is semi-transparent to the light. When I hold up the Orion material it is opaque.

Maybe I don't have a heavy-duty Telegizmos cover (?), but for future purchases I'll plan to stick with the Orion cloaks.