Re: 1200 Coming--Need Advice

Paul Gustafson <drgus@...>

I was fortunate to be able to order an AP 1200 mount this year. It
should arrive in the Fall sometime. The folks at Astro-Physics
indicated I should order the appropriate accessories in June.

My first question is; what height portable pier should I buy? I was
thinking 48" or 54". I'm 6ft. tall and would rather lift things than
stoop over.
Are you a stand-up or sit-down astronomer? I'm 6 ft 2 in and have a 155 EDF
on a 900 GTO with a 54" pier. It's a little too tall for viewing near the
horizon, but is OK when viewing near the zenith. The 48" is a better match.

Gus