Re: Remote Desktop PC access on Ad Hoc Network

Steve McKinney

Hi Wayne,

I've used ad hoc networks in the field but I found using a small wifi router to be a more robust solution than an ad hoc network.

I bought this router so I can set up my own little network in the field and it works great.  It's also a lithium ion power tank so it runs forever.

My setup is completely headless (a home-made version of the Eagle basically).  I use RDP to connect to my MacBook Pro and my iPad and works very well.  I've tried team viewer as well and it's fine but RDP with my little network is brain dead easy to use.

Regards,

Steve