Re: Remote Desktop PC access on Ad Hoc Network

Greg Salyer

No, as far as I know disconnect is not one of the problems with version 13. Of course as soon as I found fie transfers weren't supported yet I dropped it and went back to version 12 so I don't have a lot of experience with it. I then went on the web and found a lot of people went back to 12 because of missing functions such as file transfer, remote print and clipboard transfer. If your using such functions then I can't understand what's going on. The look and feel is totally different than version 12. The basic stuff seemed to work just fine but if the missing functions are hidden somewhere I didn't see where. Are you sure your on version 13?

Greg

From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:19 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Remote Desktop PC access on Ad Hoc Network

Hi Wayne,

    Is this disconnect something new in version 13?

    Like you, I used TV for probably 10 years, hassle free. Used version 13 today, for most of the afternoon, never got disconnected, no warnings, just a “polite Thank You” for using TeamViewer .... AFTER I logged out.

    It didn’t disconnect me in the 4 hours I was using it, so I don’t know why you are having a problem. That’s weird. Did you somehow download a trial “commercial user” version”. I think TV Corp is pretty wary and checks if you are suspected of using it for business. Don’t know what they may “snoop” for, in the transactions – if they actually do that. Perhaps there are “terms of service” that you acknowledge their right to do that – probably.

    I have heard of cases where so-called “home users” got caught and cancelled.

    Anyway, so far, the latest TV version is behaving no different from years of the older ones.

I would curious what you or anyone else discovers about your TV situation. I don’t think TV changed the rules for eligibility.

Joe