From: Wayne wayneh9026@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 5:44 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Remote Desktop PC access on Ad Hoc Network

Joe, I used the freeware version of TeamViewer for quite a while but I got tired of it frequently reminding me that I was used my a free version and making me reconnect. Does it still do that?

Waynr

On Mar 17, 2018, at 2:37 PM, 'Joseph Zeglinski' J.Zeglinski@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi Micah,

    While Microsoft’s “Remote Desktop” is OK when starting out ... consider using a free (for non-commercial users) copy of TEAMVIEWER.

    The big advantage of the latter, besides not needing a PRO version of Windows on each computer – is that BOTH PC screens & mice  remain LIVE – you can operate the mount or control your imaging program,  from indoors or outdoors. The outdoor PC does NOT logout and its screen  doesn’t go black, when you go indoors, and you don’t have to login again, on either side, as you do in “MS Remote Desktop”. You can also have friends login, or login from other computers in the house,  into your outdoor remote scope computer, to share the experience, even using their own mouse, if you let them participate fully.

    It is far more convenient, with added benefits like File Transfer – in both directions.
There are of course other (subscription based) remote control programs.
– Microsoft has always been a rather chincy,  “bare bones” Remote,  and forces you to install a more expensive Windows OS. Also, you can’t operate your scope computer for a “show-n-tell”,  with that  MS version,  from anywhere else, like a friend’s place, unless they also have the PRO version installed.

Joe Z.