Re: How to test Absolute Encoder Kit for A-P1100GTO?

W Hilmo

No drilling is required for the solution in the photo below.

The cap screws at that location are just there to cover the holes that provide access to the spring loaded screws for the gearbox.

From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2018 2:41 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] How to test Absolute Encoder Kit for A-P1100GTO?

How did you go drilling into the housing. That would make me nervous...

I put my poll master on the DOVELM162 via this

http://www.admaccessories.com/product/mds-pole-mds-series-dovetail-adapter-with-polemaster/

And a quick release bracket. I just have todo the adjustment while parked.

I’d like to mount it as you have done but a bit nervy drilling....

Regards,

Matt

On 17 Mar 2018, at 08:15, pnagy@... <mailto:pnagy@...> [ap-gto] <ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto@...> > wrote:

It's going to be a while to image due to bad weather and I will be very busy the next few weeks.

The AE connector on Dec gearbox will likely interfere with PoleMaster if you use polar scope hole on Dec axis. Best place to mount PoleMaster is on the Dec gearbox housing above polar scope hole.

My suggestion to A-P for future mounts is to put back two placeholder screws on Dec gearbox like it was done during initial release of A-P1100/1600 mounts. I used these two screw to mount my PoleMaster on Dec gearbox. Here is an example:

https://peternagy.smugmug.com/Telescopes/PoleMaster-on-A-P1100GTO/i-wW3rS86/A

Peter

---In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto@...> , <bill@...> wrote :

Great to hear! Cant wait to get your report on imaging with the AE.

_____