Re: Telegizmos Telescope Covers

MCDERMOTT MICHAEL <wildwood7711@...>

Here in the Midwest, wasps like to build nest under them. I actually had these pests build a nest on my American Flag, can you believe that! Mahogany Wasps are the worst. Use caution when removing them. Mostly if not used for a few days.

On Saturday, March 10, 2018 1:30 PM, "'Jack Huerkamp' mallincamusa@... [ap-gto]" wrote:

Ted,

I, too, had a cover made to cover my Lunt 152 and VRC-10 on AP1600 mount.  I place a small light bulb behind the counterweights to help dry out the humidity and that appears to work well.

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp
Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC.
38388 Pine Street
Pearl River, LA 70452
985-863-2165 (Home)
985-445-5063 (Mobile)
mallincamusa@...
www.mallincamusa.com

Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 1:24 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Telegizmos Telescope Covers

Ted

Yes they are excellent.
I had them make a custom one for my AP160 and RCOS 12.5 RC on my AP1200GTO mount.
They are a heavy coated material.
--
Kent Kirkley
Dallas, TX 75205
214.526.0103 (Home)
214.802.9377 (Cell)

If you want to get a hold of me, please text or email as talking is currently difficult.

-----Original Message-----
From: Theodore Mickle tedmickle@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...>
To: ap-gto <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Sat, Mar 10, 2018 1:08 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Telegizmos Telescope Covers

Wondering if anyone has experience using Telegizmos Telescope [and Tripod] covers – or any comparable telescope cover for outdoor use.

They come in a ‘standard’ size recommended for only a few months outdoor use, and their ‘premium’ model for long-term outdoor use..

My concern is not only for the telescope but my beloved AP 1100 and GP4 as well.

Thanks, Ted

Ted Mickle
Oklahoma City

From: gto@...> on behalf of "howard@... [ap-gto]" gto@...>
Reply-To: gto@...>
Date: Friday, March 9, 2018 at 17:03
To: gto@...>
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Dec issue

Got it.  I'll need a bit of time to study it, but I'll be here a little while yet.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.