Re: DEC delay in reversal

Matthew Hughes

Hi Andy,
Yes you did not say that. My bad. Just has the collision and put two and two together without proper analysis.

Matt

On 4 Mar 2018, at 13:17, Andy Galasso andy.galasso@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

>> Matt wrote:
>> Andy from PHD says that it is a delayed reaction from the DEC axis then overcorrecting.

Matt, sorry for the apparent misunderstanding but I did not say that! Based on what you showed me I don't even think you can definitively say the guiding problem is caused by the mount until you run some experiments to rule out various things, like for example a problem with the camera driver buffering frames. I have seen cases where a faulty camera driver buffered data and that resulted in oscillation in guiding.

Andy