Re: PemPro Polar Alignment differs East to West

Andrew Jones

Joe. Thanks for the great info. What was strange in my situation is that I actually got my best results with the scope on the East side of the Pier looking West. It was not until I switched the scope to the West side of the Pier looking East that I started to notice a much larger discrepancy.

Would you recommend starting on one side of the pier vs the other or is it a matter of just having to get both sides about the same? I am targeting to stay below 3 arc mins on both sides if possible as I seem to remember reading somewhere that 3 arc mins is kind of the minimum for long exposures. Not sure how factual that information is thou as I think it may have been something I read on CN.

Andrew J