Re: DEC delay in reversal

Roland Christen

You may have end play on the small worm. That is caused by the retaining nut being loose. If there is end play, you can feel it when you move the end of the telescope back and forth in the Dec direction. Try to gently move the scope back and forth with just finger pressure. If you feel a small amount of play at the end of the scope, you may have a loose bearing on the worm shaft.

You can remove the end play by unscrewing the small round cover on the right side of the gearbox, you will see the retaining nut with 2 small holes which are used with a spanner wrench. Use a spanner to first back off the nut turning counterclockwise, then tighten turning clockwise until the bearing is fully seated and you feel no more motion at the end of your scope.

From: Suresh Mohan Neelmegh drsureshmohan@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Sat, Mar 3, 2018 12:44 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] DEC delay in reversal

I’m getting a huge delay in reversal when I change direction, I opened the gear box to see where the delay is ; all the gears are working fine but the worm gear ( the huge one is taking time ; if i tighten a little on the harder side the motor is struggling. . What should I check ?
Suresh

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: