Re: A-P1100 Absolute Encoders installed by Astro-Physics?

topboxman

Hi Wade,

It's more of laziness of my part. I don't feel like using PEMPro to reduce PE and I like the idea of having extremely low PE and super smooth tracking in AE all the time despite the extra cost. PEC is not required or used with AE.

Most of all, it's because I can!!!!!

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <y.groups@...> wrote :

The weight of the AE kit is not significant, probably around 1lb. You won’t notice it.

I’m a bit curious, though, if your setup is always portable, what are you trying to achieve with the absolute encoders?

-Wade

Sent: Friday, March 2, 2018 1:16 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] A-P1100 Absolute Encoders installed by Astro-Physics?

Rolando,

Another question about AE. What is the total weight of AE Kit for A-P1100 mount?

My setup is always portable and I carry the whole RA/Dec assembly (minus counterweight shaft) from inside of my house to backyard (very short trip). I hope AE does not add too much weight to my A-P1100 mount.

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <pnagy@...> wrote :

Hi Rolando,

I live in Reno, NV and temperature can drop to as low as about 10F (-14C) and temperature is normally warmer than 20F (4C). I usually don't image if the forecast gets colder than 20F (4C) or if the dew point falls below ambient temperature. Reno is generally pretty dry so I don't have electric dew shield. Anyway which temperature version AE do you recommend for my area: Standard or Extended? I see the spec at your web site:

RESOLUTE Absolute Encoder:
Operating: 0 degrees C to +80 degrees C (32 F to +176 F)
Storage: -20 degrees C to +80 degrees C (-4 F to +176 F)
RESOLUTE ETR (Extended Temperature Range) Encoder:
Operating: -40 degrees C to +80 degrees C (-40 F to +176 F)<
Storage: -40 degrees C to +80 degrees C (-40 F to +176 F)

Thanks,

Peter

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.