Re: A-P1100 Absolute Encoders installed by Astro-Physics?

Roland Christen

I use a standard here, even though it gets to -20C occasionally. But if you're unsure, then the extended range will work even in Alaska.

From: pnagy@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Fri, Mar 2, 2018 2:58 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] A-P1100 Absolute Encoders installed by Astro-Physics?

Hi Rolando,

I live in Reno, NV and temperature can drop to as low as about 10F (-14C) and temperature is normally warmer than 20F (4C). I usually don't image if the forecast gets colder than 20F (4C) or if the dew point falls below ambient temperature. Reno is generally pretty dry so I don't have electric dew shield. Anyway which temperature version AE do you recommend for my area: Standard or Extended? I see the spec at your web site:

RESOLUTE Absolute Encoder:
Operating: 0 degrees C to +80 degrees C (32 F to +176 F)
Storage: -20 degrees C to +80 degrees C (-4 F to +176 F)
RESOLUTE ETR (Extended Temperature Range) Encoder:
Operating: -40 degrees C to +80 degrees C (-40 F to +176 F)<
Storage: -40 degrees C to +80 degrees C (-40 F to +176 F)

Thanks,
Peter