From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 6:23 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] A-P1100 Absolute Encoders installed by Astro-Physics?

Hi Rolando and David,

That's good to know that installing AE into existing A-P1100 mounts is easy. I am myself pretty handy with mechanical stuff so I should not be worried about it. I thought the customer would have to do some kind of extensive alignments in the encoders but I was wrong.

I look forward to viewing your Youtube video about installing AE in A-P1100/1600 mounts.

Peter

---In ap-gto@..., <chris1011@...> wrote :

We set the encoder rings into a special carrier assembly and precision align them for zero runout. That assembly then bolts onto the back of the 1100/1600 shaft on both axes. It's held on by 6 screws and you don't have to worry about any alignment on the rings. The encoder optics are attached by 2 screws on the outside of the axes and pop right in. The alignment of these is quite simple. The only other thing to do is to activate the encoder software in the CP4.

Tomorrow I will make a short video showing how the encoders are attached and post it up to our U-Tube channel.