Re: AP1100 Bad Stars Issues

Joe Zeglinski

Ray,

    On a few occasions in the past, I would get PERFECT  “straight line”  AZ-EL graphs while doing Polar Alignment in PemPro. That seemed to be the case when clouds rolled in unexpectedly, while I was operating nearby,  indoors. I thought it was ideal and far too good to be true. Under certain conditions, the software doesn’t seem to discriminate, or warn about diminished,  yet not totally lost video signal. However, only a total loss causes PemPro to search for a new target star. Perhaps I need to raise the “minimum star magnitude” setting for  “observing in the city and suburbs”.

    Wonder if that might be the same case during Bill’s brief PEM  curve test run?

Joe