Re: INDI AP driver

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

For your use case with your requirements I don't think you would benefit from changing anything.

But there are use cases where your solution does not meet the requirements and for those INDI offers an alternative.

It really is about individual choice and the ability to pick the option best suited for you.

Michael

On 2/21/2018 11:46 AM, mike@... [ap-gto] wrote:

I must say this has been an interesting thread which shows the considerable software expertise of folks in the forum.  As a programmer in another age I can appreciate and understand the issues being discussed.

I have imaged for about 8 years and operate an automated system using a windows laptop and the usual tools – Maxim, FocusMax, SkyX and CCDAutopilot.  This system delivers images 98 percent of the time and when it doesn’t it is usually a USB problem.

So I ask why would I change this and move to a theoretically better architecture with new hardware and a steep learning curve?  How would Linux with INDI drivers make my imaging world better?  What would it do that I can’t do now.

I would rather capture data and process images than experiment with new software.  Until there are real benefits from a new architecture the “business case” for a change is just not there for me.

Mike Mulcahy