Re: Undocumented GTOCP commands?

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

I think the advantage would be for the customers interested in using an alternative system for controlling their mount.

The advantage to AP would be providing customers with what they want.  And it really doesn't take much on AP's part other than documentation.

I'm happy to say I've had all the questions I had to AP answered in a quick and professional manner.

So I would say they are doing a great job supporting INDI at the moment.

I pretty much have all the functionality I had been using under Windows working now and been imaging with it for 9 months and couldn't be happier with my decision to purchase an AP mount.

The only real remaining feature I'd like to tackle is a tool to measure and manage PEM curves on the mount as there is not a solution for non-Windows architectures that I am aware of yet.

I've always thought AP's business was building mounts and telescope and they weren't a software business so they would maintain neutrality over what software their customers choose to use.

Michael

On 2/14/2018 10:46 PM, 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Hi Bill,

What advantages do you think AP's support for INDI would bring? If there is
already an INDI driver for AP mounts what do you see would be in it for AP
as a return on investment into that API?

I'm wondering if it makes more sense to extend the ASCOM API to
Mac/LINUX/IOS/Android, as it might make it easier for the Windows developers
to make their products cross platform.

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center):
http://www.astro-physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/ap
cc

Astro-Physics
> mounts and have had alot of fun learning more about my favorite mount.
>
> Michael Fulbright
>

> On 2/14/2018 5:35 PM, werison@...
> [ap-gto] wrote:
>

> Ray,
>
> I also use the ASCOM simulators some.
> The program I wrote is was started way over 10 years ago and began
it's
> life as a Celestron and Meade LX200 emulator. I don't think I wasted my
time at all
> by doing this. After all someone wrote the ASCOM stuff and did now wast
there
> time. I have written a lot of software for astronomy over the years and
don't think
> any of it was a waste of time. If you are interested is viewing some of
them my
> web page is http://miltonhill.us/software My most recent addition is a
serial to
> ASCOM program that was written up in Astronomy Technology Today a while
> back. This program will allow software that does not support ASCOM
telescope to
> talk to any ASCOM telescope by telling the program to use a Meade or AP
mount.
> It works quite well. I have used it to allow SkyChart III and
MegaStar 5 to