Re: PEMPro V2 to V3 Free Upgrade request for users with AP's PEMPro V2 licenses

Roland Christen

the author of the program spends a very large amount of time addressing concerns on this forum.
The author of the program really has no say in how it is sold and with what restrictions. Again, that is strictly CCDware's responsibility. Ray does spend an incredible amount of time here and we are grateful to have his support. However, being the author of PEMPro does not mean he actually has to help people - he does it out of a great sense of duty to the amateur community. It is a selfless breadless task.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto
Sent: Fri, Feb 9, 2018 11:33 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: PEMPro V2 to V3 Free Upgrade request for users with AP's PEMPro V2 licenses

You are right Rolando, my apologies.
I wasn't addressing any concerns from AP, but it's forum seems to be the place these conversations are held, and the author of the program spends a very large amount of time addressing concerns on this forum. And these conversations are being held here, I don't find these conversations anywhere else.
So to me, it seemed this was indeed the place to start a discussion about a program which is also supported by AP.
But, I don't want to upset any of the administration at AP, so End Of Rant.
Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

On 2/9/2018 8:44 AM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] wrote:

I understand your concerns, but PEMPro is not an Astro-Physics program. It belongs to and sold by CCDware and is universal for all mounts, not just the AP mounts. Please direct your concerns to that company. Astro-Physics has nothing to do with either MaximDL or CCDware except how it can be used with our mounts for imaging and alignment.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto
Sent: Fri, Feb 9, 2018 10:28 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: PEMPro V2 to V3 Free Upgrade request for users with AP's PEMPro V2 licenses

So I guess I am confused. I received a free upgrade to download V3 offer in a post earlier. I though it was an update.
But once again as usual, PemPro requires far too much to continue with upgrades. I don't get it, everything PemPro and MaxumDL requires an amazing amount of security just to use the program.
I have grown tired of listening to this conversation about yet another complicated security requirement. NO other program I use and have used for the last 40+ years has ever required so much security hoop jumping.
Sorry for the rant. I woke up this morning just to see 10 more forum posts about this topic and apparently I have had enough with the complex nature of obtaining the next version of PemPro. I find all of this security to register the program is rediculous, and for me at this time, I am not willing to put up with it anymore.
This should have been a simple upgrade, but for some reason it needs to be far more complicated. EOR.
Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.

On 2/9/2018 7:17 AM, Mike C mike@... [ap-gto] wrote:

If you click the buy link on the CCDWARE page and scroll down, do you see a green barred section called upgrades?

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 5:45 AM, a.w.colburn@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi Ray,

I've used Pempro since V1 and currently have a V2 upgrade licence. Having downloaded V3 and installed it, the licence window tells me I am eligible for a V3 upgrade licence but when I click the purchase licence button it takes me to a window that only allows me to buy a full V3 licence. Am I missing something?

Regards, Alex

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.