From: 'Ray Gralak (Groups)' groups3@... [ap-gto]
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2018 12:14 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Re: PEMPro V2 to V3 Free Upgrade request for users with AP's PEMPro V2 licenses

Hi Greg,

Alex was asking about a CCDWare upgrade purchase, not the free upgrade for AP mount owners with a V2 license. There are no special security requirements with the CCDWare version because the licenses have user names on them. .

The AP PEMPro licenses were meant to be kept with the mount if it is sold, but there many cases where that didn’t happen.  And because the licenses are anonymous and not assigned by mount it was impossible to give the new owner a license that the previous owner had lost. So, we had to implement a change.

You probably don’t know this but we are extending the free upgrade request to *all* AP PEMPro V2 licenses going back 10 years and allowing for up to 5 copies of V3 simultaneously installed and used. Of course you don’t have to participate in the free upgrade if you think the security restrictions are too much.

Best regards,

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro:  http://www.ccdware.com