Re: Needing re-do the PE after updating 1200 cp3 L chip to V chip.

W Hilmo

PEMPro will need to be able to track a star in the camera’s field of view.  If it can’t do this, then it won’t work.

So no, you cannot do this in the house.  You need to be out under a clear, dark sky.

From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Saturday, February 3, 2018 10:12 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Needing re-do the PE after updating 1200 cp3 L chip to V chip.

Hi All, Can I do my PE in the house? As long as the mount is pointed to the Celestial Equator and near the Meridian (Park 3?). I guess I just power the mount and go right into the tools menu and choose 1.) PEM and start   Roland's step by step procedure w/ PEMPro. No where does it state the scope must be tracking on a object. Thanks, Mike