From: Ron Kramer ronkramer1957@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Wed, Jan 31, 2018 8:25 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Help with guiding the Mach1GTO

I had those long alternating pulses - no backlash eliminated them.  Do not bother with backlash test in guiding assistant. I kinda don't have much faith in any of that assistance with this mount.
Mine just started withing great with a clean PHD install.  ODDLY - the default for both was resist switch and not hysteresis as was the case with my previous version install.   Once I'm sure of consistent results I might do some comparisons with hysteresis again, but really I don't want to mess with whats working at this point.  total rms .3 acrc sec is pretty pleasing. Actually under .5 is adequate for me.

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 3:24 PM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Here is a link with screen shots from the PHD lab program
I suspect the backlash comp is to blame.

I'm not sure what error your screen shot is showing. It looks like normal guiding during relatively poor seeing. The RMS values of tracking are 0.3 to 0.4 arc seconds.

The only question I have is what is the guider rate set at? Is it set at 1x or .5x or .25x? If the guide rate is set to less than 1x, you will have sluggish response, especially in Dec.

Here is a link with screen shots from the PHD lab program
I suspect the backlash comp is to blame.

On Friday, January 26, 2018, 1:37:58 PM EST, Bill Long bill@... [ap-gto] gto@...> wrote:

The method Roland mentions here is good.

Roland, does it matter if folks are using Resist Switch vs Hysteresis?