AP600E GOTO unguided accuracy

Chris Spratt

Just out of curiousity I'm wondering how long others have managed a
typical unguided CCD exposure. I've managed 4 minutes once at F/5.0
but most of the time despite good "drift aligning" I can only get 2
minutes most nights. 90 seconds being the norm. Am I expecting too
much for a portable tripod setup which I take down each night?
The old AP 400 QMD was just as accurate when trying to do CCD work. I
was hoping the 600E would be an improvment.

Training the PEC dosen't seem to help.

I'm using an old C8 and was wondering if "mirror shift" may be the
main culprit.

Comments anyone?