Can you control a Mach1 with a Mac through TSX?

E. Wheeler

Perhaps this has been discussed but I couldn't find anything in my admittedly quick search. As a beginner learning how complex this hobby is, I am trying to reduce the number issues that I have to figure out while learning the ropes. I am a lifelong user of Apple computers (never owned or even used a PC for more than 10mins) and I see that the vast majority of the software and hardware is tethered to the PC via ASCOM. What I am trying to do is figure out how to eliminate the added complexity of a windows PC, while I learn the basics of imaging. The two candidates for my mount are the Mach1 and the MYT. They both look great and for me both have plusses and minuses. I know I can run the MYT and stay in my comfort zone on the mac via TSX. What I am asking is, can a Mach one be completely connected to and controlled via TSX? Or do I still need to have an ASCOM driver/interface in between?

I am sure there are plenty of Mac users out there; I'm guessing most of which have migrated or integrated a windows environment into their workflow in some way, but I'm looking for those brave pioneers (if they exist) that have this awesome looking Mach1 tamed under OSX.

Regards,

Ezra

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.