Re: Need advice with new Mach1GTO: Polar Alignment and drifting

Bruce Donzanti

I finally got some good results last night after making several adjustments with the AZ drift issue, RAPAS, and C11 tinkering.  I still need to refine the PA more but it is clearly working now as I took a number of short unguided exposures (which is all I do) and tracking was stable for at least 15-20 mins.  Once I get the PA fully nailed down, I'll check the orthogonality which I do believe is off a bit.

Thanks to all for your help and patience in assisting me with my new mount.

Regards,
Bruce