Re: problem with mount resetting...

Todd Gross <toddg@...>

--- In ap-gto@egroups.com, "Paul Gustafson" <drgus@e...> wrote:
Another possible problem is the cigarette lighter adapter
connection. Every
alligator clip-to-female-cig-adapter I have seen was very cheaply
made and
doesn't give a positive connection. I took my 32 amp hour battery
to a
custom stereo store and explained the problem. For a reasonable
price, they
ran very heavy gauge wire from the battery terminals to special
snap-lock
connectors, and wired the mating connectors to the ends of my AP
power
cable, Kendrick controller, power inverter. There's absolutely no
way to
screw up, and each connection locks solidly with a positive
audible "snap."

The low quality cig adapter fried my Daystar filter (egads!) and
prompted my
search for a better setup.

Paul..
this may be my problem, I'm not sure, but I have now had too many
glitches using this stupid alligator clips on too many DC items to
ignore it or rule it out. I can't picture exactly what you did, but
I'm wondering if there is an off the shelf solution?

Todd