Re: Need advice with new Mach1GTO: Polar Alignment and drifting

Bruce Donzanti

Thanks Ron

I see that PHD2 does have a Mac version but I understand what you mean about OSX vs Windows.  Right now I mainly do short exposures like 20-60s - so, more like what is described on Cloudy Nights as EAA and not traditional AP.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Ron Kramer ronkramer1957@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

PHD2 makes drift alignment pretty easy. Not sure if it runs on a mac  (I'm a Mac convert from PC and loved OSX) After 4 years I went back to PC and windows which I really despise in comparison.  But - for VR and ASTRO work - and other applications that require computer interfacing... the PC is needed.  I would make a push into the compute stick or laptop windows machine if you plan to get this seriously. (which with purchase if a Mach1 - I'm sure you are).  OSX is wonderful, but apples concepts and stranglehold on their machines and products is not.  = (    I grew tired of the limitations of interfacing to Apple products.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:38 AM, 'Wade Hilmo' y.groups@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Take a look at this.  It’s a very good and pretty simple way to do this:

http://www.astro-physics.com/tech_support/mounts/Drift_Alignment_RA_Correction_Method.pdf

-Wade