Re: More Troubles Tonight with APPM

Roland Christen

Do you have a CP4, and if so, what firmware? When I upgraded mine to the newest version 10 on my 1100 and Mach 1 the mounts would often stop and park themselves (without a park command being sent) and the light on the CP4 would turn yellow and I could only slew one way (east or west).
Basically what happened in your mount was that you had gone around multiple times and had reached an internal limit. The CP4 then stopped going any further and turned on the yellow light to indicate that a limit had been reached. You could slew the other direction out of the limit, but could not slew any more in the same direction. This limit is set so that your internal cord does not wrap around too many times.

From: AstroEric@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Sat, Dec 9, 2017 10:48 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: More Troubles Tonight with APPM

Kerry,
Do you have a CP4, and if so, what firmware? When I upgraded mine to the newest version 10 on my 1100 and Mach 1 the mounts would often stop and park themselves (without a park command being sent) and the light on the CP4 would turn yellow and I could only slew one way (east or west).
I would also get the MS# Com errors on both USB and ethernet. This was due to a bug in the firmware that only a couple of us saw. Once I was given updated firmware all those problems went away.
What made it difficult to debug was that APCC would not give any indication there was a problem or that the light turned yellow. Howard and I had to enter debug commands in the terminal window and look at the responses to determine the state.

Eric

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: