Christopher

That is correct.  Thank you very much! This is excellent.

Bruce

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:33 AM, 'Christopher Erickson' christopher.k.erickson@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I assume you are upgrading from another mount?

I wrote the following post on Cloudy Nights to help people a bit who are migrating from Celestron (or Meade) mounts to Astro-Physics.  It covers some of the important differences that might trip up people who are familiar with the other GOTO systems.  Not sure if it will help you or not.  I hope it does.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Summit Kinetics
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 7:52 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] GOTO issue with Mach1GTO

Tired my new Mach1GTO for the first time last night.  Mount was leveled E/W and balanced per instructions.  I used the RASPA right out of the box to do PA following initial rough polar alignment.  I then did a SYNC to a bright star in the east and I thought I had the scope aligned on the west side as they say instruct in the KeyPad manual.  When I started to slew, I was able to see objects on my computer screen using a CCD camera in the east and southeast but nothing in the FoV west and north.  I also did drifting testing and the star low in the east did start to drift after 5 minutes.  So, I am thinking I have 2 problems: 1) I did not SYNC correctly for the GOTOS and/or 2) the RASPA needs to be aligned following drift alignment due to the slight drifting occurring.    Any suggestions would be appreciated.