From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:06 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] AP1200 CP3 power supply

Hello all,
I am in the process of buying a used 2006 AP1200 and have a question about which power supply to use?

First some basics -
1) The mount will be used in a remote observatory at around 4500ft. While the observatory is in West Texas, it does get cold in the winter months - will repeatedly go below 32F.
2) The power supply will be purely for the mount. I will have a dew zapper, but I don't intend to use the power supply that I wil have for the mount to be used with anything else.
3) The power supply will be hooked to a web switch, which in turn will be hooked to an UPS.

Anything else the group wants to know, please ask - I am not sure what all information y'all will need.

I have seen AP sell the 25 amp continuous variable voltage PS, however that looks expensive to me. There is a similar version of that, one made by Jetstream JTPS28M and that is almost half the price. I may buy that - is that any good? Do people use that? I realize that does me very little good in a remote setting in terms of being able to set the voltage, but I might set it at a consistent 14v. I believe the mount will draw about 5amps and should be good enough for that.

Separately, I would ideally like an AC power supply - I am not a big fan of cigarette lighters being plugged in to power supply boxes - I would much rather that I just have a 3-pin plug and attach one end to the web switch and the other end to the mount. What are my options there - other than building one myself?

Thanks,
Dhaval