Re: GOTO issue with Mach1GTO

Bruce Donzanti

OK- thank you very much

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 1:51 PM, Dean Schwartzenberg dean@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

The RAPAS needs to initially be adjusted after you do a good drift alignment the first time.  Then you recal on a star.

On Dec 10, 2017, at 4:17 PM, Bruce Donzanti donza2735@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I did- as I stated in my post.

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM, 'Woody Schlom' woody@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

1)      My RAPAS came with specific initial alignment instructions.  I think you need to read the stuff that came with the RAPAS and do the initial alignment.  Once you do that, the RAPAS will be aligned for not just your mount, but other AP mounts as well.  You can move it back and forth between AP mounts and it’ll still be aligned.

2)      I believe “SYNC” is the wrong command for what you’re trying to do with an AP mount.  I think RECAL is what you want.  Nomenclature and terms are often different for AP mounts.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made this same mistake because SYNC is the correct term for other brands of mounts and software.

3)      You really do need to read the excellent manuals that came with your new Mach1.

Woody