Re: Trouble with APPM

Roland Christen

I bring it in every night. It is not happy outside unless heated.

From: Ron Kramer ronkramer1957@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Fri, Dec 8, 2017 11:53 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Trouble with APPM

Do you leave the laptop out when not in use? I've been bringing mine in each time.  (that might be worse?)

I wondered about getting one of those little NUC intel computer boxes and leaving it in the dome?
around 23f here currently.

I have had my laptop out in the observatory testing scopes this last week in temperatures below 30 degrees. After about 2 hours the laptop begins to malfunction and programs begin to slow down. I solved that by using a Kendrik's laptop heater pad (takes about 3.5 amps at 12 volts). Now my laptop is happy and runs all night long without dropping out. 25 degrees is too cold for laptops.

Rolando