Re: What are the PHD2 settings used in a Mach1?

Zac Kruger <z@...>

Roland,

Have you successfully used PHD to attempt calibration over the recommended 150 arc sec?  Using an OAG at 714mm FL and 3.8u pixel size I have been entirely unsuccessful because of what I assume is due to the way PHD functions.  It loses track of the star when using such large calibration steps.  I have to be somewhere at 150-250ms pulses in order to calibrate at all.  Doing that to cover 150'' would require an immensely long calibration time.

--Zac

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 9:01 AM, chris1011@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

One setting you should never use is backlash compensation. Set it off. Do all your calibration and guiding at 1x sidereal.
When you do a calibration run, set it so that it covers at least 150 arc seconds in each direction, and calibrate on a star near the celestial equator at or near the meridian. Use this setting for any object everywhere in the sky. If you always attach the camera in the same orientation then you never need to calibrate again.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Mon, Dec 4, 2017 9:19 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] What are the PHD2 settings used in a Mach1?

I'm a new user of Mach1, fantastic machine by the way, and I'm curious about which are the best settings in PHD2.

I'm using an 80mm refractor, f6, with the classic 50mm guide scope.

Thanks

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.