Re: APCC Error After W10 Update

Jack Huerkamp

Joe,

Thanks for the tip on CCleaner.  I use to use it regularly and did not install it on my observatory PC.  I will do so tomorrow and see if that clears up the issue.  If not, I guess a removal and re-installation are in order.

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC.

38388 Pine Street

Pearl River, LA 70452

985-863-2165 (Home)

985-445-5063 (Mobile)

mallincamusa@...

www.mallincamusa.com

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:08 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: APCC Error After W10 Update

Jack,

I always run CCLEANER - (free version available for non-commercial users at www. Piriform.com) – especially the “REGISTRY” clean-up (see its left tab list of modules), but certainly run the standard Temp Files garbage collection,  CCLEAN pass, first.

Do this after any program installs, and particularly after Microsoft Updates. I often see about a hundred or so “mis-links” or broken links, after Win-Update does its nasty work. It is just the careless way it works, to get Windows updated. Microsoft would rather it seem like it is running fast, rather than efficiently, so it never does any “housekeeping” ... on its own., Also, you would be amazed how many Temp Files are left floating around after many apps – like WORD, etc. Occasional CCLEAN manual runs keep things tight and tidy, allowing Windows to run efficiently.

If you haven’t used CCLEANER  before – be aware that you MUST run each of those for SEVERAL passes, after its launch. It rarely relinks or cleans up everything in just a single pass during its run. Just keep clicking the “Analyze button” – until the errors go away, and the left over garbage is down to near zero KB.

My Bottom line – run CCLEANER regularly – like an oil change – for smooth performance and trouble free computing ;-)

Joe Z.

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:10 PM

Subject: RE: [ap-gto] Re: APCC Error After W10 Update

Thank you for the quick response.  Hopefully there is a simplier solution.

Yours truly,

Jack

Jack Huerkamp

Jack's Astro Accessories, LLC.

38388 Pine Street

Pearl River, LA 70452

985-863-2165 (Home)

985-445-5063 (Mobile)

mallincamusa@...

www.mallincamusa.com

Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:46 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: APCC Error After W10 Update

According to what I found, the error pertains to the software's inability to address the Registry.  un/reinstalling should fix this, but maybe someone else will chime in with a solution requiring less effort.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.