Re: Recalibrating object position

Chuck Hancock

The only consumer software product that does what Chris is talking about
is The Sky, as far as I know. The software models the mount/scope
combination, in a way, and compensates for the differences with the
ideal.

Todd Gross wrote:

At 01:19 AM 5/14/00 -0000, you wrote:
Suppose I set the scope on M3 and hit the "Recal" button and then
move
on to the next object and "tweak" that position with another "Recal".
Does the keypad "remember" each correction and thus improve the
scope's pointing accuracy as each "Recal" is done? Eventually the
scope should be right on if the mount can remember each calibration.
no, it remembers only the last..

Make music with anyone, anywhere, through FREE Internet
recording studio software. FREE software download!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3734/5/_/3615/_/958313919/
Best regards,
Chuck Hancock

c d h 5 9 at b e l l s o u t h d o t n e t