A-P Mach1 First Use in 10 Years - Concerns?

Tom Wade

Hi.  I just purchased a 2007 A-P Mach1.  The original owner had never used it so it is in immaculate and new condition!  My question is, should I do anything to it since it was stored (indoors) all those years?  I'm thinking the grease may need to be changed?

I did give it a good function test and it operates smooth as butter.  I'm just not sure if I should break the rule of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I updated the firmware on the CP3 and HC already.  I need to look at the chip also to see which version it is.

It is my first non-Celestron mount so I'm not as familiar with preventative maintenance on these mounts.

Thanks.