Dither Sanity check

Matthew Hughes

Ok after a few months with the AP 1100 AE mount I tried dithering for the first time last night.
Selected high dither in SGP Pro and after each 10 min sub.
Imaging at 1.96 pix/arcs secs.
Each dither took literally 2-3 secs. No time at all.
I’ve read in forums it can take 2-3 mins with some mounts.

So are my results normal? Is it due to no Dec back lash and quick response of the encoders?
I was hesitant to use dithering till now due to the length of time I understood it took. However the response of the mount it was easy and quick. Are my results typical? Or am I missing something... should I use a high dither..?
Bewler?
Thanks
Matt