Re: Question for Dave regarding DROK

Michael Fulbright <mike.fulbright@...>

Has anyone watched the power on transients of these cheap units on a scope?  I had a low power DROK buck/boost and it would shoot way over the programmed voltage on power up.

Michael Fulbright

On 11/4/2017 8:44 PM, 'Woody Schlom' woody@... [ap-gto] wrote:

Dave,

Nevermind, I got it.

I just touched the 14.1v + power from the PS to the EN terminal and I guess that's all it wanted.  The blue light now comes on (it didn't before) and I was able to adjust the output voltage.

At least no-load, it seems to work fine.  Output voltage didn't change by as much as 1/100th of a volt as I changed the PS from 6v to 16v.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I looked for something like this on my own and never found it.

Woody

Dave,

I received my new DROK 150w DC/DC converter but can't figure it out.

It came with no documentation and I can't even find this product on
Drok's website.

Apparently I need to turn "EN" ON. But how? Do I feed my PS + lead to
it and the negative lead to a Vin - terminal? Or do I need to feed the
PS's positive feed to both EN and a Vin + terminal at the same time?

Thanks,
Woody