Re: Rain and the CP4

Gerald Miller

Steve,

You said “At some point connection to the mount was lost for some reason (Serial connection) and the roof did not close as the roof controller could not determine the telescope position even though it was parked and safe.”

Under that scenario, my roof would have closed. A lost connection to the mount would not have prevented the roof close command since the park position would have been confirmed by the IR sensor. It does not require any confirmation from the mount itself or what controls it. In fact the mount doesn’t even have to be connected at all, nor any software that may control it for that matter. I will check on this to be sure but losing the serial connection is irrelevant the way my roof controller works.

GM