Re: strange electrical issue - anyone have any knowledge of what to do.

jimmyjujames

Woody

update but no fix

I also have a Pyramid PS-15KX which I occasionally use but mostly run my 900GTO on battery.

Schematic located at

http://www.repeater-builder.com/pyramid/pdfs/PS15K.pdf

Removed cover

Measured DC voltage from terminal lug on green protective wire that is connected to chassis to

negative (-) screw terminal on front.  Voltage was 0 volts
positive (+) screw terminal on front.  voltage was 14.2 volts

Some power supplies float the negative and positive 13 V DC from chassis
This power supply connects the negative DC to chassis.

The negative side of cigarette jack is physically connected to chassis.

I read less than 1 ohm from chassis to negative screw terminal on front
I read less than 1 ohm from chassis to negative side of cigarette jack

This is about as far as I can go on troubleshooting this problem.

Looking forward to Christopher's findings.

Jimmy