Re: strange electrical issue - anyone have any knowledge of what to do.

Joe Zeglinski

Hi,
    Given that this power supply has happened to at least a couple of members, I wonder if there is a GFI (Ground Fault Interrupter) switch that could be put on the mains supply – or a different kind on the DC side – that would trip as soon as chassis ground  rises above earth potentials. That should help prevent fried laptops and telescope accessories.

    I suppose if that were possible, these power supplies would already have such a rely inside.

Joe