Re: Mach1GTO clutch pad question - regreasing

Roland Christen

While we used light lithium grease on the gears in the past, we now use a fluorocarbon gel that doesn't separate. Aeroshell will also work.

From: Joel Short buckeyestargazer@... [ap-gto]
To: ap-gto
Sent: Wed, Oct 11, 2017 7:45 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: Mach1GTO clutch pad question - regreasing

Thanks Dan. Hopefully that will be the case for me as well.
joel

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:13 AM, dragracingdan@... [ap-gto] <ap-gto@...> wrote:

Hi joel, I can't comment on the clutch part but when I had a 2007 Mach1, I noticed the very same things you describe. I believe the baby oil stuff you spoke of is the lithium grease separating and breaking down.

What I did was take a small paint brush to remove all the old grease and reapplied Aeroshell grease. I noticed a nice improvement in proformance and the sound of the mount was slightly quieter.

Good luck
Dan