Re: Confused about SKY CHARTS program and APCC Tracking

Joe Zeglinski

Thanks Rolando,

Makes sense – since it was told to “disconnect itself”, Sky Charts has “no further reason” to poll the mount for tracking status – Sky Charts  job had come to an end. Perhaps a tidier way might have been if SC’s “Tracking state” would have “grayed itself out”,  instead of staying GREEN and as misinformation.

Joe

Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 11:19 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Confused about SKY CHARTS program and APCC Tracking

(either APCC or the ASCOM Driver), is not sending it the PARK and Tracking (Stopped) status.
Nothing is ever sent out from the mount or ASCOM or APCC without being asked. NOTHING.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: ap-gto
Sent: Tue, Sep 12, 2017 11:18 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Confused about SKY CHARTS program and APCC Tracking

Hi,
    This is sort of off-topic, but something there is something odd about what I see happening in Cartes du Ciel (SKY CHARTS) when APCC has already PARKED the mount. Sky Charts shows that the mount is still “Tracking” (its icon is still green)  - after CCDSOFT had completed its color imaging, and I also had already ABORTED its RGH guiding activity - even though APCC itself, correctly shows Tracking = 0. I also tried using Sky Charts “Abort Slew” but it made no difference on its incorrect tracking status. Don’t know what the heck it thinks it is tracking – certainly not the mount.

The only thing still running was Sky Charts, and APCC.  As I recall, last time I saw this, I purposely disconnected the mount in Sky Charts, and shut down APCC – yet Sky Charts  was still showing Tracking active.
This may likely be a bug in Sky Charts, or  (either APCC or the ASCOM Driver), is not sending it the PARK and Tracking (Stopped) status.

Anybody else notice this?   Sky Charts (rev. 3.11 SVN-3261 ... from 2016).
Not a problem, just an inconsistency. Does this also happen with other software like SKY-X, ACP, or MAXIMDL, when APCC has parked the mount ?

Just wondering - Thanks,
Joe

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.