Not Able to Understand Meridian Delay between APCC and Sequence Generator Pro

binkersnot@...

Greetings!

I am confused about how to set the Meridian Delay in APCC in tandem with Sequence Generator Pro.  I see in the latest version of APCC on the Meridian tab that there is a "Send Limit to SGPro" checkbox.  I have turned this on and then made changes to the Meridian Delay.  The results seem to be doing the opposite of what I expect.  I'd appreciate clarification on how to set the Meridian Delay from APCC to be recognized and used by SGP.

Here's an example of what I am seeing:

At present my scope is pointed at Deneb, which is E of the meridian.  There is no Meridian Delay (0) in APCC.  SGP reports that it will do a meridian flip in 3 hr 15 min when Deneb reaches the Meridian.  When I set the APCC Meridian Delay to +1.00 hr, I expect the meridian flip to occur an hour earlier.  Indeed the yellow line in the Telescope Position diagram in APCC shows it is shifted 1 hr E, and any slews I make between that line and the meridian will be CW up as desired.  However, I note that SGP now reports the time until flip is an hour later at 4 hr 15 min.  This seems backwards to me.  Do I have this right?

I just attempted to set the delay to one hour later (now shifted W), and SGP still adds an hour to the flip, whether I set the Meridian to + or -1 hr.

Thanks for your help with this.

Best Regards,
Ben