Re: [ap-ug] Re: Eclipse Combined image

Philip,

There is only one Mr. Eclipse. We were set up quite near Fred at Casper College. He had to deal with the same, less-than-ideal conditions and drama that we did. It will be interesting to see what he pulls out of his images. We just saw a photo taken by a nearby friend of the entire sky during totality. The sun was surrounded by clouds with a bit of break in just the right spot.

Fred had quite an extensive series of cameras (17, I believe) capturing a wide variety of phenomenon. He began his setup at 3:30am to assure that he was ready in time.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2017 8:32 AM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: [ap-ug] Re: Eclipse Combined image

This is quite fabulous - may I please propose an immediate promotion for you to Mr Eclipse MkII, with equal status to the legendary Fred Espenak!
Philip
---

>Thank you. I'm still amazed we got that much corona with the hazy atmosphere and smoke from the forest fires further west.
>
>I just finished adding my film images to this and we have an even larger field that includes a couple stars and just a slight bit more of the streamers. Film was Kodak 6x7 cm Ektar 100.
>
>https://www.astromart.com/common/image_popup.asp?image=/images/forums/835000-835999/835704.jpg&caption=
>
>Rolando
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: 'John A. Sillasen' JASillasen@... [ap-ug] <ap-ug@...>
>To: ap-ug <ap-ug@...>
>Sent: Fri, Sep 1, 2017 8:45 pm
>Subject: [ap-ug] Re: Eclipse Combined image
>
>
>
>That is an amazing image. I really like that the sun peaks out directly opposite a solar prominence. Sci Fi films couldn't do that nearly as well. The Corona isn't too shabby either. One of the nicer framed portrayals of the 2017 North American Eclipse, I've seen to date.
>
>John A. Sillasen
>
>
>
>
>

Philip Perkins
<ppml5@...>
Wiltshire UK & Luberon France
www.astrocruise.com
--

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.