Re: Home position

Christopher Erickson

Gc,

Just to be clear, which Astro-Physics mount do you own?

Which AP servo controller are you using? The CP4, CP3 or CP2?

Did you download and try the free trial of APCC?

I see that you live in Italy. I hope you are not a 10-Micron troll out to promote 10-Micron and unjustifiably disparage Astro-Physics.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Aug 26, 2017 12:13 AM, "gc.iaffaldano@... [ap-gto]" <ap-gto@...> wrote:

I don't understand well  the function of this new position of APCC; i think that it has a meaning only for a AP mount with absolute encoders;  for a mount without absolute encoders the Home position is a position like the others and if the mount for any reason lost the alignment also the home position is lost.

I dont understand why a so great brand like AP continues to float in such a terrible, complicated software; too many errors , too many stops, too many function useless....